[gst-devel] Rhyhmbox is in CVS

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Sun Aug 19 04:17:45 CEST 2001

Hi,

Rhythmbox is in CVS on sourceforge as my development machine for it (an
iBook) is taken out to repair (I've been a bit too rough on it it seems)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rhythmbox

There are a lot of small projects if you fancy working on rhythmbox:

- make mplib use gnome-vfs
- a gnome-vfs enabled version of libvorbisfile (see
src/rb-library-backend.c to see which functions are needed)
- how to use libcdaudio to check if a CD has been inserted without
filling up /var/log/messages with crap
- a wave encoder plugin for gstreamer (with an option to strip headers
so we can use that to pipe into cdrecord)
- a function to check that gstreamer has all the plugins we need present
- etc.

I'm currently working (or will be as soon as my laptop returns) on a
parser for icecast's radio listings, and making some of this program
actually work ;)

rhythmbox-devel at lists.sourceforge.net for more discussion

Cheers