[gst-devel] web site release structure

Andy Wingo apwingo at eos.ncsu.edu
Fri Dec 7 09:37:09 CET 2001

Hi Thomas. Sorry I haven't had any time to do anything recently, but
school is coming to a close ;)

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
[...]
> /releases
> 	/0.2.1
> 		/src
> 		/redhat
> 			/gst
> 			/gst-devel
> 			/prereq
> 			/prereq-devel
> 		/debian
> 			/gst
> 			/gst-devel
> 			/prereq
> 			/prereq-devel
> 	/0.3.0
>
> /redhat
> /debian

Well, for a first go at web site policy we have
gstreamer.net/README.website. Then, everything that should go in cvs
(release notes, other documents) should be added to cvs.

I have an opinion about files, and that is that sourceforge's files
release mechanism is sufficient. Maybe we can keep RPMs around for
prereqs, but it seems that keeping gst rpms on the web site is not
necessary, and it clutters up things.

Tho other note I have is that debian packages all go in one directory,
afaik.

> The idea would be *all* of the packages we ever use as prereq's in /redhat
> or /debian and link to them from the relevant dirs in the releases dir.
> That way we minimize disk space use while keeping it flexible.
>
> We could also make /latest link to the latest release dir and /next to the
> next release dir (read: development dir), so that we can make links to
> these in the wiki and not have to worry about updating them.

cool ;)

ok, continuing with my backlog of email...

cheers,

wingo.