[gst-devel] web site release structure

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Fri Dec 7 10:53:02 CET 2001

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 18:28, Andy Wingo wrote:
> Hi Thomas. Sorry I haven't had any time to do anything recently, but
> school is coming to a close ;)

<SNIP>

> Well, for a first go at web site policy we have
> gstreamer.net/README.website. Then, everything that should go in cvs
> (release notes, other documents) should be added to cvs.
>
> I have an opinion about files, and that is that sourceforge's files
> release mechanism is sufficient. Maybe we can keep RPMs around for
> prereqs, but it seems that keeping gst rpms on the web site is not
> necessary, and it clutters up things.

Yes, when we did 0.2.1 it was agreed that we just put prereq RPMS on the
website and our own RPMS using the SF file release system.

The reasning for not putting out prereq RPMS through the SF release
system was that we made those a service to our users, so they where not
'official packages' of the prereq's, or something like that.

Christian