[gst-devel] pre-release tarball

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Dec 11 01:34:02 CET 2001

On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 10:00, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > I count *169* tarballs in there.  I completely fail to see the point.  Can
> > anyone enlighten me please?
>
> More like 1737.  Hey, if people are against it we can switch back to the
> old way.
>
> Or i can make a nice little proposal with only about 2 of them ;)

May I simply propose 2?

1) gstreamer-core
2) gstreamer-plugins (yes, *all* of them)

The ./configure script will simply see which plugins to compile and
which to omit, just like now. Having to download 1737 tarballs to see
which of them are useful for me is not really what I'd call
better-than-the-current-situation ;-)

Ronald

--
-   .-.