[gst-devel] plugin splitoff

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Sun Dec 16 14:27:02 CET 2001

Hi Thomas,

just a few nitpicks on a job well done ;)

> plugins/own/mp123

this is mp3parse, for the record. maybe it should be called
mpegaudioparse or something. 'mp123' doesn't mean much to me and reminds
me of mpg123.

> plugins/own/mulaw
> plugins/own/law

let's just have 'law'. mulaw and alaw can live in there until lawconvert
gets written.

> plugins/own/wav

isn't this 'parsewav' ? maybe it should be wavparse for consistency with
ac3parse, mpegparse, etc...

or, on second thought, i guess you're just making provisions for
waveenc (which is really a specialized afsink, but that's another
issue...) i am still for calling it wavparse though.

> plugins/own/mono2stereo
> plugins/own/stereo2mono

these should arguably be one directory. again, arguably ;) (kinda like
intfloatconvert)

> plugins/own/intfloatconvert

maybe just call this intfloat ?

> plugins/ext/lame/.deps

I'm sure this just crept in by accident.

> plugins/ext/icecast
> plugins/ext/icecast/icecastsend

this should be one dir, no?

> plugins/ext/ladspa

the ladspa.h header file is included in the sources. it dynamically
links at runtime. it's not bad in ext though.

> plugins/ext/esd
> plugins/ext/esd/esdsink

again...

anyway, this looks good to me (of course :). let's do it tonight.