[gst-devel] plugin splitoff

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Sun Dec 16 14:48:01 CET 2001

Hey Andy,

some comments :

> Hi Thomas,
>
> just a few nitpicks on a job well done ;)
>
> > plugins/own/mp123
>
> this is mp3parse, for the record. maybe it should be called
> mpegaudioparse or something. 'mp123' doesn't mean much to me and reminds
> me of mpg123.

agree on the rename, not sure what, since I also have an mpegparse which
is indeed mpeg layer 1/2 from the video parts.
So we need a better name for this.

> > plugins/own/mulaw
> > plugins/own/law
>
> let's just have 'law'. mulaw and alaw can live in there until lawconvert
> gets written.

yeah, my bad, I actually did it like you said ;) must be an empty dir.
I'll fix the tarball.

> > plugins/own/wav
>
> isn't this 'parsewav' ? maybe it should be wavparse for consistency with
> ac3parse, mpegparse, etc...

right, done.  we can make wavenc later if necessary.

> > plugins/own/mono2stereo
> > plugins/own/stereo2mono
>
> these should arguably be one directory. again, arguably ;) (kinda like
> intfloatconvert)

right.  made stereomono.

> > plugins/own/intfloatconvert
>
> maybe just call this intfloat ?

ok, done.

> > plugins/ext/lame/.deps
>
> I'm sure this just crept in by accident.

yeah ;)

> > plugins/ext/icecast
> > plugins/ext/icecast/icecastsend
>
> this should be one dir, no?

yes, done.

> > plugins/ext/ladspa
>
> the ladspa.h header file is included in the sources. it dynamically
> links at runtime. it's not bad in ext though.

ok, keeping it.

> > plugins/ext/esd
> > plugins/ext/esd/esdsink

yes ;)

ok, a new tarball with these changes has been uploaded.  same place, same
batchannel.

thomas

I got your phone number baby
Call you sometime