[gst-devel] [KC]lasses proposal #1

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Dec 18 14:48:04 CET 2001

1) classes are good and useful, although it would be nice if they were
flexible (if we changed our minds in the future, there wouldn't be a
problem in changing the class)

2) it would also be nice if you could select 'class-sets' or something
that wouldn't be mandatory, ie

klass = "type=encoder;direction=sink;media=audio"

and i would call

GTree *gst_elements_get_tree("type;media;direction"); or something.
point being, classes are liquid; we might change our minds

3) omega: can we split the plugins as per the earlier suggestion? you
can do whatever you like wrt classes, but imo classes and dirs are more
or less orthogonal.

best regards, i'm done with exams, yo!

wingo.