[gst-devel] Header problems

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Fri Feb 16 02:31:21 CET 2001

Well, I think I'm going to have to abandon the header file _priv.h split.
The reason is that all the plugins derive from GstElement, which requires
that they have the definition in order for the compiler to get the size of
the struct, among other things.  That means that either we provide some
way for elements to get at the private header (which defeats the purpose),
or we find a different way around the problem.

My next attempt will be to move all the relevant typedef struct _Gst*'s
into gst.h, which should solve the specific problem I'm having.

I have a unidiff of the changes I made, if anyone wants to play around
with the _priv.h idea any further.  It's attached, in fact.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_