[gst-devel] Now what??

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Thu Jan 11 11:16:01 CET 2001

Now we need to decide what we're going to do next.  Our options are to try
to get some more things working for 0.1.1, and keep plugging on major
work.  Or some combination of the above.

There are several areas we might improve for 0.1.1, including EOS handling
and better state control, getting the wincodec stuff to work better/at
all, etc.

We need to keep working on the documentation, which I think should remain
a priority no matter what we do.

A code/design-review should be done.  I just ran across a really cool set
of documents from the Vorbis project that should be our guide on that:
http://vorbis.on2.com/.  If we can come up with something even half-way
close to that, and keep it up to date, we'll have no problem getting
people fully up-to-date on the deep concepts involved.

There's also work to be done on the editor, and most of the plugins could
use a good working-over to clean them up.

Anyway, post your ideas for things to do on this list (I really mean it
this time) and we'll start figuring out what our priorities are.

TIA,
   Omega

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __