[gst-devel] Re: Compilation of gstreamer-0.1.0 (fwd)

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Thu Jan 11 22:46:40 CET 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:46:21 -0800 (PST)
From: Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com>
To: Peter Weilbacher <weilbach at uni-sw.gwdg.de>
Subject: Re: Compilation of gstreamer-0.1.0

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> after your announcement I had to give it a try...
<grin>

> - In plugins/mpeg2/mpeg2enc my compiler does not like the C-style
>   comments in the assembler *.s files. Substituting them with
>   '#' mostly using
>      perl -e 's/\/\*\(.*\)\*\//#\ \1/' -p -i.bak *.s
>   made it work.
> - Dito in plugins/mpeg1/mpeg_play/recon_sse.s
OK, we'll go make that change in CVS.  If it kills any compilers, but is
fixable, we'll fix it ;-)

> - in plugins/videosink I am getting error messages
>      videosink.h:44: X11/extensions/Xv.h: No such file or directory
>      videosink.h:45: X11/extensions/Xvlib.h: No such file or directory
>   I did not find such files on any system in our network... And
>   commenting that out crashed even more, of course.
Hmmm.  What version of XFree are you using?  Xv is only in 4.0, but there
should be a check in configure.in for it.  It might not work.  If you
could send that chunk of config.log to me, I can try to see why the test
isn't working.  In the meantime, you can simply comment that whole test
(lines 277-283) out and put in a HAVE_LIBXV=no instead.

> Any help for me? Perhaps I have too old software to get it to run?
> Do you have any requirements-listing?
There should be a file REQUI.... D'oh!  Didn't make into the
tarball!  Grr.  OK, I'll put it online.  It'll be at
http://gstreamer.net/gstreamer-0.1.0/REQUIREMENTS

TTYL,
    Omega

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator