[gst-devel] gstreamer-0.1.0

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Fri Jan 12 06:07:56 CET 2001

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Louis Garcia wrote:

> In file include from /usr/include/linux/videodev.h:5,
>        from gtkoverlayimage.c:25:
> /usr/include/linux/version.h:2:2: #else without #if
> /usr/include/linux/version.h:4:2: #endif without #if
>
> Does the kernel-header files have an error???
Hmm, could be.  RedHat seems to want to mangle the sources, and version.h
is a favorite target.  I'd get your kernel headers (matched) from normal
source tarballs.

> Also I tried to install the RPM and I am missing libasound.so.2 and
> libmp3lame. What packages contain  these files??
It will function without them, just fail at loading the plugins that need
them, nonfatally.  libasound is the ALSA library, that's not even used
yet.  libmp3lame comes from the LAME project, the mp3 encoder.  Just add
--nodeps to rpm when you install it, everything else will work ok.

TTYL,
    Omega

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __