[gst-devel] /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb

Andras B. ba at tud.at
Sun Jan 14 12:27:04 CET 2001

Sorry for the awful linewrapping...

Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> wrote:

> Hrm.  Never seen that before.  The only stuff added to the bindings/
> directory is GNOME support.  Check the output of `gnome-config
> --cflags
> --libs gnomeui` for an instance of -ldb.  If it's there, then more
> than
> likely you've got an older version of GNOME.

I use a Debian Woody system. It says my 'task-helix-core' version
is '1.1-helix5'.

> I'm running the latest Helix on my machine, with no reference.
> However, on a recently installed redhat
> 6.2 machine, there is a huge mass of libraries listed, including
> -ldb1.  Chances are you're going to have a hard time compiling any
> GNOME program in that case.

Since I use Debian, I usually don't compile GNOME programs, but there's
no gstreamer package.

> My suggestion would be to upgrade your GNOME libraries to at least
> October GNOME, or even Helix/Ximian if you can get it.

I don't think the Debian Helix packages are older than October.

Andras
--
The sticker on the side of the box said "Supported Platforms: Win 95,
Win NT 4.0 or better", so clearly Linux was a supported platform.