[gst-devel] streaming server

Andy Wingo apwingo at eos.ncsu.edu
Wed Jul 11 02:30:06 CEST 2001

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Manuel Groeneweg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is GStreamer in it's current state capable acting like a streaming mp3 (or
> video) server like Icecast?
>
> In the status table i see plugins like
> rtpsend
> UDP transport
> icecastsend
> What are there plugins capable of?

Interesting idea... I think that rtpsend is broken right now, but being
worked on. the other two do work, I think. They tell me that icecastsend
sends one datastream that is then managed by icecast. udp is per-client,
i think, but the word is that gstreamer isn't optimal for 1 to many
operation. omega_ on IRC just pointed me to something called c10k,
google for it, it's interesting. hope this helps -

Andy