[gst-devel] .deb-packages

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Fri Jun 1 18:27:38 CEST 2001

* Thomas Nyberg <thomas at codefactory.se> [20010601 05:11]:

> just browsed around on the gstreamer-website and noticed that the previous
> release of GStreamer(0.1.1) only supported rpm's as packages. This, of course,
> is not very nice to those of us using a Debian-based dist. Therefor, I suggest
> that in the next release debian-packages are supported. It should not present
> any difficulties for this to happen. Is maintainer for these packages needed?
> Perhaps yes, since they should be tested and so on it only makes sense that
> one person is responsible for their creation, and testing. If noone else is
> willing to do this ;-) and since I'm running debian I might as well give it a
> try.
>
> comments anyone?

Great idea!

I'm sure you've noticed the ./debian/ dir with the packing scripts I
wrote.  And a quick scan on the debian site would reveal I've ITPed it.
So I guess I foolishly volunteered for this task. ;)

There are some minor difficulties left but I hope to sync up with
latested plugins and build the 0.2.0-pre (or 0.2.0) debs in the next day
or so.

I've had other priorities so haven't been getting this packaging done
very fast.  Sorry for those of you waiting.  Will be ready to test soon.

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/
Computer Engineering Graduate @ Virginia Tech in sunny Blacksburg, VA