[gst-devel] rpm build problems

Arnd Bergmann std7652 at et.FH-Osnabrueck.DE
Fri Jun 1 19:39:30 CEST 2001

I just tried to build the rpm on Mandrake 8.1-cooker and it looks
almost good, compared to earlier attempts. Remaining problems
are:

- arts plugin does not build because of wrong include path, i.e.
  '-I/usr/local/include/arts -I/usr/include/kde/arts' instead
  of `artsc-config --cflags`, which would resolve to
  '-I/usr/include/arts'.
- sdlvideosink is not built because of an error in configure.in.
  The test for SDL_CreateYUVOverlay needs '-lSDL'.
- RPM_OPT_FLAGS are not honored.
- configure is run without '--enable-static', but the .spec-file
  includes /usr/lib/*.a in the file list. One of the two needs
  to be changed.

Arnd <><