[gst-devel] PWG

Thomas Nyberg thomas at codefactory.se
Sun Mar 18 17:11:21 CET 2001

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 02:49:16PM +0000, Richard Boulton wrote:
> One section I need help with is the list of types for data being passed
> between elements: this is at
> http://www.tartarus.org/~richard/gst-plugin-writers-guide/cha-basic-types.html
>
> Please, please, please, could people read this page and give me feedback on
> it, preferably by email.  In particular, the properties for the video data
> types are very sparse.

hmm... not that this is my area or anything, but would it not be nice if one
could also specify the color-depth or something. The video-stream might be
viewed on displays using only 8bit colors, or 2bit or anything...
Then it would be nice if one could use autoplugging to put a 32bit-color ->
2bit-color right before the video-sink.

(perhaps this is the job of the video-sink...)

/Thomas
Thomas Nyberg                    thomas.nyberg at codefactory.se
CodeFactory AB                   http://www.codefactory.se/
Office: +46 (0)90 71 86 10       Cell: +46 (0)70 335 61 64