[livid-dev] Re: [gst-devel] Re: [livid-dev] a new direction foroms

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz-home at cobol2java.com
Wed May 16 02:45:39 CEST 2001

GStreamer has one big advantage over others..

There is someone who've being paid to develop it, so the product won't have
the effect of sudden "pause" in development..

I would like to say one thing to you all, guys..

OMS was the first (if memory served correctly) to do anything with DVD
playback. Other projects like Xine, Mplayer, VideoLan has grabbed parts of
it and continuted in their way - but remember - they took the good parts
that without OMS - there wouldn't be any project to play DVD and with AC-3
for example..

So, just want to say - keep up the good work, guys

Hetz