[gst-devel] gstreamer documentation

Cameron Hutchison camh+gst at xdna.net
Thu Aug 29 16:45:04 CEST 2002

Once upon a time Thomas Vander Stichele said...

> Heh, it's great that you comment on the manual ! I've been so wrapped up
> in internals that I rarely bother to check it anymore, I should do that
> more often.  Thanks for replying, and let us know if you find anything in
> there that's not clear or right so we can work on it.

I've found a couple of things so far that I've started to fix myself.
I've got the cvs version checked out. I'll generate some patches soon
and mail them to this list for checking. How should I generate patches?
Currently I'm doing "cvs diff -u gstreamer/docs/manual" which generates
filenames relative to the cvs root.

Since I'm new to glib too I've got a question about that. I've noticed
some slight inconsistency in the manual with signal functions. One
function takes the data pointer as a gpointer and cast it to the correct
type, and another takes it as the actual type (GstElement * in this case
think). What is the correct or best way to define signal functions?