[gst-devel] question re: buffer handling

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Fri Aug 30 00:33:04 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 04:59:48PM +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> The other thing that's needed then is the change to tee I made, which I
> think is reasonable; if tee sends out the same buffer to more than one
> pad, all of those buffers should be read-only.

Eh?  i would expect tee to emit the original stream unchanged (read/write)
and any copies of the stream marked read-only.  So the first pad connect
to a tee is special (r/w), but doesn't that make sense?

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org