[gst-devel] Use of code from Donald Graft

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Sat Aug 31 09:00:04 CEST 2002

Hi everyone,
I have mailed a bit forth and back with Donald Graft and gotten his
permission to use code he has created under the LGPL. I will update the
Sharpen plugin that Jeremy Simon made so the code points to LGPL instead
of GPL. This permision also goes for any other code from Donald that
gets made into GStreamer plugins.

Also just for the record so did Donald ask us to make very sure that the
plugins based on his code always have their sourcecode available as the
LGPL demands.

Jeremy, btw I see that your code seems to be based on a port of Donald's
code by a Tillmann Bitterberg, any idea if this is a significant part of
the code? Or is it more like you looked at his glue code for transcode
when you made the glue code for GSteamer?  I mean do I need to ask
Tillmann too to get permision to LGPL?

Christian