[gst-devel] last problem

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Dec 3 06:00:02 CET 2002

To follow up with some info on my message, here's the bit where it
segfaults

  if (gst_plugin_feature_ensure_loaded (GST_PLUGIN_FEATURE (factory))) {
    if (factory->typefindfunc) {
      GstCaps *res = factory->typefindfunc (buffer, factory);

the segfault is because of an endless recursion into typefindfunc.

My guess is that factory->typefindfunc was earlier initialized with the
_dummy typefind.  I'm not sure what the easiest way to check against this
is though.

If someone tells me what the behaviour should be in this case, I'll look
into it.

Thomas

all I want is happiness
happiness
if you find it share it
with the rest of us
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->