[gst-devel] while memproffing a few pipelines ...

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Fri Feb 22 03:06:03 CET 2002

... I came to a couple of questions.

1) disksink, when queried for the filename through the properties, creates
a duplicate of the filename.  Is this the right behaviour ? because the
resulting string is not freed when it's asked for by the element_save
functions.

2) I have a pipeline, which, at a given time, I pause.  I remove an
element from the bin using gst_bin_remove, then try to unref or destroy
it.  This doesn't work as (shown by asserts) removing it from the bin
removes the element's GST_OBJECT status.
Is gst_bin_remove supposed to decrease the element's refcount ?

3) Running
memprof tools/gst-launch fakesrc num_buffers=1 ! fakesink
indicates that (on my machine) about 5 MB is kept by the xml tree.  Should
they be freed somewhere ?

Thomas

It was sex in a different life
Destroys my days and haunts my nights