[gst-devel] GEGL & GStreamer

Lionel Allorge lionel.allorge at lunerouge.com
Mon Jan 28 06:51:05 CET 2002

> I'd like to bring everyone's attention to GEGL:
> This is the technology that will be the foundation for GIMP 2.
> GEGL, like GStreamer, is based on the GObject, object system.
> (Although GEGL uses GOB.)
> However, GEGL primary function is to deal with images.
>
> IMO, it is desirable to see GStreamer and GEGL integrate together.
>
> That way we can use all the advanced image processing stuff, from
> the GIMP, with GStreamer (based applications).  (And best of all,
> I don't have to rewrite the GEGL stuff, for GStreamer, so that I
> can use them in matterial <http://matterial.sf.net/>  :-)   )
>
> Anyways, please take a look at the GEGL stuff, and give your opinions
> about making them integrate together.
>      Charles Iliya Krempeaux

I think it is a good idea for Matterial to go in that direction.
I would be glad to see all those applications working on the same base.
It would make it a lot easier to write add-ons, plug-ins, etc... if they all
share the same Object model,...
And also, a lot of filters from Gimp would be usefull to apply to video
streams.

Regards.

Lionel Allorge
E-mail : lionel.allorge at lunerouge.com
Lune Rouge : http://www.lunerouge.com
Terminal Damage : http://www.terminal-damage.org

"Micro$oft is the world that has been pulled over your eyes
to blind you from the truth."
http://www.gnu.org/