[gst-devel] Building plugins

Charles A Edwards eslrahc at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 4 14:31:01 CEST 2002

On 04 Jul 2002 16:15:31 -0400
Rodney Dawes <dobey at free.fr> wrote:

> How does one install the cooker/contrib stuff via urpmi? I have a box
> setup at work for testing, that is currently running cooker and has
> gnome2 installed. I'd like to get the gstreamer packages on there
> also. Any clues?

urpmi.addmedia <name> <url> [with <relative_path>]
where <url>is
ftp://<host>/<path>

For example if the mirror you choose to use is ftp.ciril.fr then you
would enter this:
urpmi.addmedia ftp.contrib
ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/mandrake-devel/contrib/RPMS/ with
synthesis.hdlist2.cz

Another note is that Mandrake is very legal "wise" so there are rpms
which they will not offer because of license, copyright, etc.
At this time 4 of the gstreamer plugins fall in this group, lame,
openquicktime,icecast, and festival.
These as well as other such rpms are available from PLF
http://plf.zarb.org/

To add to urpmi
urpmi.addmedia plf http://plf.zarb.org/rpm/cooker with hdlist.cz for
cooker

    Charles

Always leave room to add an explanation if it doesn't work out.
Charles A Edwards
eslrahc at bellsouth.net