[gst-devel] sorry!

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Fri Jul 5 03:36:03 CEST 2002

I'd like to appologize to thomasvs and anyone else I've upset by
commiting stuff to the release branch way too late.  I think I really
stepped on some toes in the last few hours.  I honestly do appriciate
the time spent by others making these releases though maybe it doesn't
show today.

I had the day free to work on gst and as long as I was getting stuff
done I thought it would be good to try and squeeze things into the next
release.  I suppose I shouldn't have done that.

Perhaps in the future we should attempt to have a more rigid schedule
for prereleases and releases.  I'm not sure how well that would work
given the volunteer nature of this project but it may help in letting
people plan ahead their polishing effort.

As thomasvs suggested in IRC maybe we should let whoever is doing the
main work on the release get overall control over which patches are
allowed into the release branch.  That sort of policy would stop
jackasses like me from causing trouble.

Again, I'm sorry.  Just trying to make the release a bit better...

-dave