[gst-devel] Compiling on FreeBSD

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Jul 8 00:24:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I'm interested in trying out GStreamer on FreeBSD for a little

> <snip>
> checking for poptStrippedArgv in -lpopt... no
> configure: error: popt 1.5 or newer is required to build gstreamer. You
> can
> download the latest version from ftp://people.redhat.com/sopwith/popt/
> </snip>

Yeah, we should fix that.  Maybe by checking for POPT_TABLE_END ;)

> So I thought to myself, hmmm.  1.5.1 > 1.5.. well, chances are it has
> something to do with popt and not gstreamer if I had to guess, so I'll
> update to the latest release version of popt and hope that fixes it.  So
> I installed popt 1.6.4, but I still get the same error.

1.6.4 should do it.  I'm thinking 1.5 is still around on your system and
it's picking up it's headers and libs before the ones from 1.6.4.  Maybe
you didn't uninstall 1.5 properly ? Don't know how that works in FreeBSD.

> Oh yeah, I'm using the code in sourceforge CVS as of about 10:00pm CDT
> on FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE.  If anyone could help me, that'd be great.

Unless you have a specific need for it, you're just as well off with the
very new 0.4.0 release.

Thomas

I touch and you melt down
You don't even know it