[gst-devel] gst-player

Charles A Edwards eslrahc at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 10 11:41:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:56:44 +0200 (CEST)
Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be> wrote:

> So,
>
> I made a release of gst-player by request of Steve.
> It's version 0.4.0, dubbed "Farting Sparks".

What plugins should work with the player?
Is it strictly for video files or should audio only also work?

I have built a Mandrake rpm for the player but I have only a very
limited number of media files with which to test.
Of those I have when Play is selected the app segfaults with the message
"cothread: there's no context, help!"

The fact that it is Alpha does not preclude it, but I would have qualms
about uploading and recommending its inclusion without the knowledge of
what should and what won't work.

Thanks.

    Charles

Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge.
		-- Kirk, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2
Charles A Edwards
eslrahc at bellsouth.net