[gst-devel] mpeg1 playback question

Joshua N Pritikin vishnu at pobox.com
Fri Jul 12 01:44:07 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 08:59:57AM +0200, Wim Taymans wrote:
> > + How do i translate byte-offset into time-offset?  i see that i can
> > query the bit_rate, but i'd prefer a simple time-offset API.  Am i
> > looking for gst_clock_get_time()?
>
> gst_clock_get_time() is pretty unrelated. You just want to seek on an
> element
> that can do time seeking (mpeg2dec for example)

Respectfully, i think u misunderstand.  i've been working with byte offsets
for a few months. Let's assume i have 100 important byte offsets.  i want to
translate those into time offsets.  How do i do it?  Seek to a byte offset and
then read the clock somehow?

> >+ The other problem is that the video & audio are out of sync.  This is
>
> >not a problem of my machine is too slow.  The player takes about 13% of
>
> >my CPU.  mplayer can play DVDs without dropping frames.  There is some
> >kind of clock sync problem.  Either the video is too slow and the audio
>
> >is choppy, or the video is too fast and the audio doesn't play at all.
> >gst-player has the same problem (but with less severity).
>
> Don't know about this one

Can you try my player?  Now that gtk+ 2.0 is released it should be
really easy for you to build.  You can download the tarball at:

  ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/redael/aleader-0.8.3.tar.bz2

Do a ./configure and then cd into the film directory.  The media
player is only in the film directory.  You don't need to build
anything outside of the film directory.

Thanks!!

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org