[Fwd: Re: [gst-devel] int2float and float2int]

Steve Baker steve at stevebaker.org
Thu Jun 20 05:11:02 CEST 2002

I have a simple solution. Why not write a 3rd int/float plugin which can
handle int or float on either its src or sink pad. When pads connect it
figures out whether to convert int to float, float to int, or just
passthrough.  It does no (de)interleaving, and number of channels will
be the same on both src and sink.

A seperate (de)interleave plugin will still come in handy, and even
though interleaved float audio is an insult to the natural order of
things, the audiofile plugin will eventually produce it - so it will
need to be supported by something (that something being a deinterleave
plugin)

cheers