[Fwd: Re: [gst-devel] int2float and float2int]

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Thu Jun 20 07:22:05 CEST 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Steve Baker wrote:

> A seperate (de)interleave plugin will still come in handy, and even
> though interleaved float audio is an insult to the natural order of
> things, the audiofile plugin will eventually produce it - so it will
> need to be supported by something (that something being a deinterleave
> plugin)

You're right about the insult ;)

In my opinion, afsink or afencode or whatever should have request pads
on the sink side, and get multichannel encoding that way.

'We have the way out' ;)

BTW. Have you ever taken a look at libsndfile? That api makes *much*
more sense to me, and does similar things to libaudiofile.

regards,

wingo