[gst-devel] gconf stuff

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon May 6 05:14:04 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 13:38, Baker, Steve wrote:
> I've been thinking about default audiosink. Considering recent Gnome rants
> about the evils of giving users too many options, would it be possible to
> write an audiosink which JustWorks by trying all the options until a working
> audio sink is found.

Who says users will get a choice? If they open gconf-editor, they'll get
a choice. If they don't,they'll just get the default... How this default
is detected is another question... Probably if (esd) esd else if (artsd
(artsd) else if (mas) mas else if (oss) oss else if (alsa) alsa else
/dev/null. Or something similar written down by someone who doesn't
think alsa is evil ;-).

Ronald

--
-   .-.