[gst-devel] 0.4.2 for apt-get?

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Sun Nov 3 15:33:04 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 23:25, J. Gardner Biggs wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 17:22, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Ok,
> >
> > can you check why they're kept back ?
> > Ie, try apt-get install gstreamer and see what that says.
> > It should give you a clue as to what is the problem.  I suspect having
> > rhythmbox or monkey-media installed.  You'll have to remove them.
> >
> > Thomas
> >

> I have both, rb and mm installed, why is that a problem?

1) You can't have gst 0.4.2 and 0.4.1 installed at the same time
2) RB and monkey-media depend on gst 0.4.1
3) apt-get upgrade doesn't remove packages

Use "apt-get dist-upgrade", it will remove RB and monkey-media, and wait
for newer versions of it to show up (or recompile the current ones
against the new gst).

... Or just wait until there's a version of RB that works with gst 0.4.2
in the repo.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when
there is no longer anything to take away.
						Antoine de Saint-Exupery