[gst-devel] Question about dvdec plugin

Jan Schmidt thaytan at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 7 06:42:12 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm trying various pipelines to connect the dvdec plugin, and not having any
success. Is my interpretation of the caps involved flawed, or something
else?

Here is an example pipeline, and the error:

gst-launch dv1394src ! dvdec video! { queue ! videosink }
INFO ( 2479: 0) Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.4.2.1
INFO ( 2479: 0) CPU features: (c1c3fbff) MMX SSE 3DNOW MMXEXT
registry: loaded user_registry in 0.000125 seconds
          (/home/jan/.gstreamer/registry.xml)
registry: loaded global_registry in 0.154364 seconds
          (/home/jan/gstreamer-cvs//etc/gstreamer/registry.xml)
ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: Could not find
a compatible pad in element queue0 to for dvdec0:video

  SRC: 'video'
    Implementation:
      Supports seeking/conversion/query formats:
                (2):    bytes (Bytes)
                (6):    units (Units as defined by the media type)
                (3):    time (Time)
      Has custom convertfunc(): gst_dvdec_src_convert
      Has custom eventfunc(): gst_dvdec_handle_src_event
        Provides event masks:
                seek | method-set | flag-flush
      Has custom queryfunc(): gst_dvdec_src_query
        Provides query types:
                (1):    total (GST_PAD_QUERY_TOTAL)
                (2):    position (GST_PAD_QUERY_POSITION)
    Pad Template: 'video'

The videosink has this SINK pad:

  SINK: 'sink'
    Implementation:
      Has chainfunc(): 0x4010b420
      Has bufferpoolfunc(): 0x4010b140
    Pad Template: 'sink'

These should connect fine, right?

J.
Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan at mad.scientist.com

Homer: "No TV and No Beer make Homer something something"
Marge: "Go Crazy?"
Homer: "Don't mind if I do! aaaarrrarrgghar!"