[gst-devel] gstcache

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at chello.be
Thu Nov 28 14:02:02 CET 2002

> OK, i read the diffs.  How do i use it?

There is an example in gst-plugins/examples/indexing/indexmpeg.c.
You can currently only listen to what is written to the cache, nothing
is
indexed or stored in the cache itself.

I plan to add subclasses to make a memory cache and one that writes
and reads directly from a disk cache. The idea is also to index the
associations in a GTree or a GHashTable. After that, the plugins can
consult the cache to do more intelligent seeking.

I'm currently making mpeg2dec cache-aware so it can write picture/byte
associations in the cache.

There is still some work to be done but I wanted to commit what's ready.

Anyway, it should be better already than your current _query code.

Wim