[gst-devel] New shout plugin for shout2

Pedro Côrte-Real typo at netcabo.pt
Sun Oct 20 16:41:02 CEST 2002

I've ported the shout plugin to shout2. It's been tested with libshout
and icecast from xiph.org cvs and works with both OGG and MP3. Tested
using 'lame' and 'vorbisenc' plugins from cvs. 'vorbisenc' from the 0.4.1 release
does not work, and lame shows cracky sound (I think). Point being, use
CVS with this.

This should probably go to a new (shout2 ?) plugin so that the support
for the older and generaly distributed shout1 library isn't dropped.

Comments on the code would be very much apreciated.

I'll post a patch to clean up the old shout plugin later.

Pedro.