[gst-devel] Hello

Dr.Wale Smith smith.wale at lycos.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 07:54:07 CEST 2002

Dear Friend,

I Apologise for this intrusion into your personal
affairs,but i need your assistance which will turn
out to be mutually beneficial to both parties.I
have a proposal for you.

We are top officials of the new civilian
administration Committee on Foreign and Local Contract Payment,
who are interested in the importation of goods into our country
with funds which are presently trapped in Nigeria.
In order to actualize this dream, we seek
your assistance to transfer the said-trapped fund
into an interest bearing account which you have
absolute control over in your country or a third
country other than Nigeria.

The new civilian administration of General Olusegun
Obasanjo (rtd) set-up this committee specifically
to review all contracts/oil licenses to determine
their propriety and relevance in the light of the
country's current economic and political realities.
We have identified a lot of inflated contract fund
which are currently floating in our Apex Bank. At
this moment we have worked out modalities within
ourselves and some acquaintances at the Apex Bank
to collect the sum of US$31,000,000.00 (Thirty one
million, United States Dollars) only, for our
personal use.

However, by virtue of our positions as Civil
Servants and members of the Contract Review Panel,
we cannot acquire this money in our names,
consequently, I was delegated by my colleagues as a
matter of trust to look for an overseas partner
into whose account we can transfer this sum of money,
hence this letter to you.

Furthermore, my colleagues and I are willing to
transfer the total sum of US$31,0000.00 (Thirty one
Million, United States Dollars) into your account
for disbursement. Your areas of specialization is
not a hindrance to the successful execution of this
transaction and the account required for this
project can either be PERSONAL, COMPANY or an
OFFSHORE account you have total control over.
Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this
juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to
offer you 15% of this sum while 2% shall be set
aside for incidental expenses between the parties
in the course of this transaction. You must however
note that this transaction is subject to the
following terms and conditions: -

(a) Our conviction of your transparent honesty
and diligence

(b) That you would treat this transaction with
utmost secrecy and confidentiality.

(c) That the funds would be transferred to an
account where you have absolute control over.

This however depends on your response to conditions
A and C above.

Modalities have been worked out to the highest
level for the immediate transfer of the funds
within 14 working days subject to your satisfaction
of the above stated terms. Our assurance is that
your role is RISK FREE. To accord this transaction
the legality it deserves and for mutual security of
the funds, the whole approval procedures will be
officially and legally processed with your name or
the name of any company you may nominates as the
bonafide beneficiary.

Once more, I want you to understand that having put
over 23 years in the civil service of my country,
I am averse to having my image, and career dented.
This matter should be treated with utmost secrecy
and urgency.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to
enable us include this transfer in this batch as
payments to foreign contractors is usually carried
out on quarterly basis. Contact me on my e-mail
address .

Wale Smith