[gst-devel] going over GstPad ...

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Sun Sep 1 11:41:45 CEST 2002

On Sun, 01 Sep 2002, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> a) gst_pad_load_and_connect (xmlNodePtr self, GstObject *parent)
>    only applies to GstElements, why does it accept GstObject ?
>    Can I change this ?

Sure, doesn't really matter too much..

> Also, this function has the following prototype
> gst_pad_ghost_save_thyself (GstPad *pad,
>                             GstElement *bin,
>                             xmlNodePtr parent)
> but the bin isn't used in this function.  Shall I drop that argument ?

Um, where is this function actually called? I don't think anything calls
it. I was adding ghost pad support to the editor a couple days ago and
noted that ghost pads aren't actually supported in the xml save/load
code. We should probably fix that. Sure, change the prototype to match
what is in gst_pad_save_thyself.

regards,

wingo.