[gst-devel] how to install on redhat.

Phil Frost indigo at sempiternity.org
Sat Sep 7 02:02:04 CEST 2002

I haven't been following this thread, so if someone already said this,
I'm sorry :)

pkgconfig looks in /usr/lib/pkgconfig for it's package definition files.
All you need to do is:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/lib/pkgconfig;/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"

You need to do this in the shell you are going to build from, or put it
in a startup file, like ~/.bashrc.

The other option is to move the files in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig to
/usr/lib/pkgconfig, and then possibly make /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig a
symlink to /usr/lib/pkgconfig, but I don't reccomend that.

BTW, if this is the problem you are having, the solution is in the
error messages when you try and build. Error messages are a good thing;
try to read them. It helps to start from the top as usually one error
causes about 32128 others, so pipe your errors into less like so:

any_command_here 2>&1 | less