[gst-devel] Segv with spider, relocation error with afparse

Steve Baker steve at stevebaker.org
Tue Sep 10 08:37:27 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 17:25, Andy Wingo wrote:
> As steve said, afparse requires cvs libaudiofile. But it's rather silly
> that it gets built if the function's not there. And we didn't even spot
> this because gcc accepts implicit declarations, i assume.
>
> What do people think about adding -Wimplicit to the plugin CFLAGS to
> catch this? Also, I think this is a release-blocker, as it can break
> autoplugging. We need to develop a test for cvs audiofile and
> conditionalize this plugin. I can do it later today, but I'm working
> lunch now.

I don't see to much of a problem with this as long as afparse won't get
used by mistake by the spider (which it won't). People would probably
get more upset if they can't build gst-plugins because they don't have
audiofile CVS.

Actually now that I think about it, afOpenVirtualFile is defined in
audiofile's header but is not implemented which explains why it builds
ok - go figure.

cheers