[gst-devel] Segv with spider, relocation error with afparse

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Sep 10 07:46:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, 09 Sep 2002, Michael Rothwell wrote:

> (gdb) r filesrc location=./woody.mp3 ! afparse ! osssink
> Starting program: /usr/bin/gst-launch filesrc location=./woody.mp3 !
> afparse ! osssink
> [New Thread 1024 (LWP 1620)]
> INFO ( 1620: 0) Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.4.0.1
> INFO ( 1620: 0) CPU features: (c0c1fbff) MMX 3DNOW MMXEXT
> registry: loaded user_registry in 0.186969 seconds
>           (/home/rothwell/.gstreamer/registry.xml)
> registry: loaded global_registry in 0.184814 seconds
>           (/etc//gstreamer/registry.xml)
> GStreamer-INFO: 0 live buffer(s)
> GStreamer-INFO: 0 live bufferpool(s)
> GStreamer-INFO: 0 live event(s)
> RUNNING pipeline
> filesrc0: offset = 0
> filesrc0: filesize = 2721350
> opening vfile 0x80a4fe0
> /usr/bin/gst-launch: relocation error: /usr/lib/gst/libgstaudiofile.so:
> undefined symbol: afOpenVirtualFile

As steve said, afparse requires cvs libaudiofile. But it's rather silly
that it gets built if the function's not there. And we didn't even spot
this because gcc accepts implicit declarations, i assume.

What do people think about adding -Wimplicit to the plugin CFLAGS to
catch this? Also, I think this is a release-blocker, as it can break
autoplugging. We need to develop a test for cvs audiofile and
conditionalize this plugin. I can do it later today, but I'm working
lunch now.

regards,

wingo.