[gst-devel] some recent but bad bugs in both avi and in gst-player

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Tue Sep 10 15:22:02 CEST 2002

Hi people,
did a CVS testrun and ran into some problems. First of all avi playback
don't work at all for me atm. The matrix trailer fails both with
gst-launch-ext and gst-player. The best I can accomplish (and I often
don't even get this far) is:
http://www.linuxrising.com/files/avigst.png

I also got a similar image one time with the gst-player. Usually both
gst-launch-ext and gst-player just crash when trying avi.

Also gst-player no longer seems able to play files such as
.mod,.sid,.wav,.au and similar. Only more advanced formats such as mpeg,
mp3, vob and ogg seems to work. Gst-player just returns to paused mode
after a little while without actually having played anything.

Christian