[gst-devel] Patch to fix buffer timestamping in float2int

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Wed Sep 18 14:35:04 CEST 2002

The problem:

I made a simple pipeline

src --- f2i --- osssink[1]

I would set the pipeline to GST_STATE_PLAYING, then GST_STATE_READY,
then GST_STATE_PLAYING etc (all in one instance of the app).

The first time I set it to PLAYING, playback started instantly.
the second time playback took 3 seconds to start.
the third time it took 8 seconds
the fourth time it took 18 seconds
the fifth time it took 32 seconds.

In the gap when the app wasn't playing, but was supposed to be, with gdb
I saw it was stuck waiting on a clock to reach a time given by the
timestamp. Turns out float2int wasn't resetting it's timestamp
generation when the state changed (which wtay told me was the correct
way to generate timestamps). Attached patch fixes.

iain
--
"Find your own Calcutta" - Mother Teresa