[gst-devel] make clean didn't

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Wed Sep 25 07:07:04 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 12:58, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> After doing a "cvs update", i tried rebuilding.  gst-register was giving
> me crazy errors (below) so i did a make clean:
>
> (process:15996): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size for type `GstMpeg2dec' is smaller than the parent type's `GstElement' class size
>
> (process:15996): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: file gstelementfactory.c: line 148 (gst_element_factory_new): assertion `type' failed

I imagine that the plugin versioning system didn't work because you're
using CVS so the version numbers havn't changed even though the classes
have.

Incidentally, when we have a stable plugin API (at version 0.5?), are we
going to stop putting new major and minor version numbers in the
plugins, or are we going to keep requiring that the plugin version
numbers match the core version numbers.  When are we going to relax this
requirement (perhaps we should allow plugins to specify ranges of core
versions they work with (eg, >=0.7 <=1.0).

> i'm not building aalib, alsa, etc, so they aren't getting cleaned out
> but gst-register finds them because it searchs recursively.  This is
> bad.  Can we do something like this in the "make clean" rule?
>
> rm -rf `find . -name .libs -print`

This sounds like a reasonable solution to me.

--
Richard