[gst-devel] New pipeline parsing has landed.

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Apr 10 03:49:35 CEST 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> nice work.  I assume you mean HEAD ?

I only submit patches via bugzilla, policy, you know? ;)

> > regressions:
> >  - No support for filtered links. If anybody needs this, please contact
> > me and I'll add it as fast as possible.
>
> Yeah, that would be nice.  Because otherwise there's no way to specify
> e.g. what format to record audio in.

Most of the time plugins support properties to set the desired formats and
don't support filter caps at all.
Shouldn't we remove these properties and make the plugins use better
linking? The only plugin that really does proper caps nego seems to be
colorspace at the moment. All the other plugins just seem to set caps once
and if that doesn'T work, they die.

> Any examples of sample pipelines ?

testsuite/parse/parse[12].c do have pipelines hardcoded to test all these
features. Please have a look.

Benjamin