[gst-devel] Totem or no Totem was Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

J. Gardner Biggs gardnerbiggs at houston.rr.com
Sat Apr 12 06:38:06 CEST 2003

> What a great idea, let's have everyone on the list tell everyone which
> apps that works for them? :)
>
> More seriously, lets keep this discussion on a higher level.
>
> Which toolkit are we buying into?
>
> Will that toolkit deliver what we need for GNOME 2.4?
>
> Is it OK to hold media player of for one release if it doesn't?
>
> Regards,
>   Mikael Hallendal

It is unfortunate that Gnome doesn't have a "workable" media player even
at the 2.3 release point.

It always seems that projects get started, and progess only long enough
for them to be barley working (with lots of hacking to get them to
install) and then fall by the wayside.  I think most of this software is
written while the developers are in school and once they get out and
start making a living, the projects die.

I am still hopeful that since RedHat and Ximian are putting some
reasouces to gnome, that maybe it will continue to succeed.