[gst-devel] Totem or no Totem was Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Sat Apr 12 07:15:04 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 13:22, Jorn Baayen wrote:

> Some people actually want to watch movies.. my success rate with
> gst-player has been below 0 zero far, while with Totem I have been
> playing my movies for months now without any problems.

Conversely...I have been watching movies for many months with
gst-player, and I've just installed totem and haven't had any luck at
all, some movies play for a few seconds and stop, some don't play at
all, and none of them have any sound[1].

So, my anecdotal evidence cancels out your anecdotal evidence and we're
back to square one.

iain
[1] Not that I expected it did, as my sound card has some quirks that
99% of things need to be resampled to 48000 before they'll play, but
hey, the wonders of autoconfiguration over having a gconf key that I can
add audioscale frequency=48000 ! to so that it works...
--
"Miss Celine Dion sings lovesongs while our cities burn"