[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] colinwalters gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ext/gnomevfs/

Ronald Bultje rbultje at mail.bitfreak.net
Sun Apr 20 11:58:04 CEST 2003

Hey all,

On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 20:08, Colin Walters wrote:
> CVS Root:       /cvsroot/gstreamer
> Module:         gst-plugins
> Changes by:     colinwalters
> Date:           Sun Apr 20 2003  11:08:19 PDT
> Branch:         BRANCH-GSTREAMER-0_6

we haven't decided yet on what policy the 0_6 branch will fall under
from this point on. We could possibly make it a bit more free for
updates then it used to be, but (runtime, API, ABI) stability stays a
necessary keypoint here. We used to have a somewhat oldfashioned
'each-patch-needs-confirmation-from-me' policy (through bugzilla) - what
do you guys want from now on (heading on to 0.6.2 some day)?

I myself am still preferring a confirmation-policy. This doesn't
necessarily mean me, it just means that patches need to have been tested
for a few days in HEAD, need to proove that they fix what they're
supposed to fix, and it needs to be confirmed by one of the core people
(who's that?). After that, simply open a bugzilla entry that starts with
"[0.6.2 candidate]" and it'll get applied.

Of course, HEAD stays open to all your rampage, so break whatever you
like there (within reasonable boundaries. ;-) ).

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer