[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] colinwalters gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ext/gnomevfs/

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Apr 21 09:36:03 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 10:38, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> I would prefer to have "free to commit" as a policy, because (as I stated
> in an earlier mail) I don't have to rethink this patch in 3 different
> versions of GStreamer at 3 different times. It would seem useful if we
> allowed committing to stable until we close it for the next release. We
> have enough people guarding the CVS lists that will notice commits that
> are not allowed.

I personally have a viewpoint somewhere in between.  I think in terms of
code "ownership", and since I've been actively hacking on gnomevfssrc,
especially the iradio code path, I think it's reasonable for me to
commit to it.

On the other hand I would never think of touching say the scheduler
without asking several people first.

But if people want an "every single patch approved by release manager"
policy that's OK by me.