[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] colinwalters gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ext/gnomevfs/

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Apr 21 07:40:33 CEST 2003

On 20 Apr 2003, Ronald Bultje wrote:

> I myself am still preferring a confirmation-policy. This doesn't
> necessarily mean me, it just means that patches need to have been tested
> for a few days in HEAD, need to proove that they fix what they're
> supposed to fix, and it needs to be confirmed by one of the core people
> (who's that?). After that, simply open a bugzilla entry that starts with
> "[0.6.2 candidate]" and it'll get applied.

I would prefer to have "free to commit" as a policy, because (as I stated
in an earlier mail) I don't have to rethink this patch in 3 different
versions of GStreamer at 3 different times. It would seem useful if we
allowed committing to stable until we close it for the next release. We
have enough people guarding the CVS lists that will notice commits that
are not allowed.

Just MHO
Benjamin