[gst-devel] help needed with video plugin

Gustavo J A M Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Mon Apr 21 14:16:02 CEST 2003

A Seg, 2003-04-21 às 21:42, Wim Taymans escreveu:
> On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 12:35, Gustavo J A M Carneiro wrote:
> >   I'm trying to make a plugin called 'textoverlay', which displays text
> > on top of a video frame buffer, for subtitles, etc.
> >   It is not even half finished.  I was just trying to do some drawing,
> > of some  white pixels, to see what happens.  Unfortunately, when I use
> > this plugin, nothing happens.  Even worse, the video does not reach the
> > output device.
>
> Your plugin does not specify a complete GstCaps for the RGB video format
> (fe. the bitmaks are missing and the widht/height is not set). The
> videosink will in this case not know what to show, so nothing will
> happen.
>
> I suggest to add a link function on the sinkpad that parses the
> widht/height of the incomming frames and use gst_pad_try_set_caps to
> forward this format on the srcpad (look at goom for example and adapt
> for the video format).

  Well, I just read for the first time the gstreamer manual 2 days ago.
I'm a bit green with these things.  What I'm doing is take some plugins,
chop off the code I don't understand, and add my own code.  :)

  Thanks!

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<gjc at inescporto.pt> <gustavo at users.sourceforge.net>